Matthew 5:13-17 Disciples and the World
13. “You are the salt of the earth; but if the salt has become tasteless, how can it be made salty again? It is no longer good for anything, except to be thrown out and trampled under foot by men.
14. “You are the light of the world. A city set on a hill cannot be hidden; 15. nor does anyone light a lamp and put it under a basket, but on the lampstand, and it gives light to all who are in the house. 16. Let your light shine before men in such a way that they may see your good works, and glorify your Father who is in heaven.
17. “Do not think that I came to abolish the Law or the Prophets; I did not come to abolish but to fulfill.”
16. Therefore thus says the Lord GOD,
“Behold, I am laying in Zion a stone, a tested stone,
A costly cornerstone for the foundation, firmly placed.
He who believes in it will not be disturbed.”
John 15:1-11 Jesus Is the Vine-Followers Are Branches
1. “I am the true vine, and My Father is the vinedresser. 2. Every branch in Me that does not bear fruit, He takes away; and every branch that bears fruit, He prunes it so that it may bear much fruit. 3. You are already clean because of the word which I have spoken to you. 4. Abide in Me, and I in you. As the branch cannot bear fruit of itself unless it abides in the vine, so neither can you unless you abide in Me. 5. I am the vine, you are the branches; he who abides in Me and I in him, he bears much fruit, for apart from Me you can do nothing. 6. If anyone does not abide in Me, he is thrown away as a branch and dries up; and they gather them, and cast them into the fire and they are burned. 7. If you abide in Me, and My words abide in you, ask whatever you wish, and it will be done for you 8. My Father is glorified by this, that you bear much fruit, and so prove to be My disciples. 9. Just as the Father has loved Me, I have also loved you; abide in My love. 10. If you keep My commandments, you will abide in My love; just as I have kept My Father’s commandments and abide in His love. 11. These things I have spoken to you so that My joy may be in you, and that your joy be made full.”
seasons Scripture Truth 🙂
This is something that THE GOD THE ETERNALLY- THE GOD THE ETERNALLY- laid on my heart last night. 🙂 🙂
Last night was my fourth visit to The Bridge, a ministry for THE LORD seeking God, reaching out to specifically “college and young professionals”. After the first visit I knew I LOVED IT, seriously, one of the best blessings from God and best experiences of my life, from GOD. But last night it really hit me hard when during the message, GOD reminded me that I needed, and wanted, to be pure fruit juice.
And before you begin to think, “…. Payton, why in the world would you want to be pure fruit juice? Please explain, thanks.”, just hear me out. Hear the beauty of what THE GOD THE ETERNALLY will remind us of in every moment through HIM and for HIM and HIS GLORY- THE ETERNALLY.
Last night the lead speaker, Avery, began with Scripture and construction background to explain why the cornerstone is so important as the true and only firm, steadfast eternal foundation. A cornerstone is defined as, “an important quality or feature on which a particular thing depends or is based.; a stone that forms the base of a corner of a building, joining two walls.”. Avery explained that in construction, before anything is said and done about the structure, the first stone, the true stone, the cornerstone, the true foundation, is set. This first stone, the foundation stone, the cornerstone, is the most important and it is the one in which all of the others must align to. If they don’t align to THE FIRST AND TRUE CORNERSTONE then everything is unstable. But the beautiful part, and praise GOD!, is that the true first pure eternal cornerstone is immovable. It cannot be moved, it cannot be shaken. IT CANNOT BE SHAKEN. It is the stronghold, it is the steadfastness and it cannot and will not ever, every ever eternally ever change or move or be shifted!! PRAISE THE GOD THE ETERNALLY! PRAISE HIM! PRAISE THE GOD THE ETERNALLY PRAISE HIM THE LIFE AND LOVE, THE CORNERSTONE!!
“1. Then the LORD answered Job out of the whirlwind and said,
2.”Who is this that darkens counsel
By words without knowledge?
3.”Now gird up your loins like a man,
And I will ask you, and you instruct Me!
4.”Where were you when I laid the foundation of the earth?
Tell Me, if you have understanding,
5.Who set its measurements? Since you know.
Or who stretched the line on it?
6.”On what were its bases sunk?
Or who laid its cornerstone,
7. When the morning stars sang together
And all the sons of God shouted for joy?”
“22. The stone which the builders rejected
Has become the chief corner stone.
23. This is the LORD’S doing;
It is marvelous in our eyes.
24. This is the day which the LORD has made;
Let us rejoice and be glad in it.”
“30. What shall we say then? That Gentiles, who did not pursue righteousness, attained righteousness, even the righteousness which is by faith; 31. but Israel, pursuing a law of righteousness, did not arrive at that law. 32. Why? Because they did not pursue it by faith, but as though it were by works. They stumbled over the stumbling stone, 33. just as it is written,
“BEHOLD, I LAY IN ZION A STONE OF STUMBLING AND A ROCK OF OFFENSE,
AND HE WHO BELIEVES IN HIM WILL NOT BE DISAPPOINTED.” ”
1 Peter 2:6-8
“For this is contained in Scripture:
“BEHOLD, I LAY IN ZION A CHOICE STONE, A PRECIOUS CORNER stone,
AND HE WHO BELIEVES IN HIM WILL NOT BE DISAPPOINTED.”
7. This precious value, then, is for you who believe; but for those who disbelieve,
“THE STONE WHICH THE BUILDERS REJECTED,
THIS BECAME THE VERY CORNER stone,”
“A STONE OF STUMBLING AND A ROCK OF OFFENSE”;
for they stumble because they are disobedient to the word, and to this doom they were also appointed.”
Later on, Avery gave an analogy to explain our lives when we are truly in and through and with and of God, Christ, (and this is where the fruit juice comes in) and although I don’t remember it word for word, it went a little something like this:
Pressure. If we squeeze an orange into a cup and the pressure of our hands makes the juices flow out, we have a glass of that juice. If we give it to someone to drink and they take one sip and they cringe and say “pickle juice.” there’s a BIG PROBLEM.
The message to be seen, heard, felt and known in this is that when we as branches aren’t abiding in THE GOD THE TRUE VINE THE ETERNALLY THE ETERNALLY, we will be giving off, squeezing out pickle juice, sour juice that no one needs or wants to take daily, but instead a bitter juice that is not of THE TRUE VINE: THE GOD THE ETERNALLY!!
Another thought (truth) that God placed in my heart today about this message is this: Just because some may say they are of Christ and of God doesn’t mean anything if they aren’t TRULY abiding IN, THROUGH, WITH AND BY HIM! You can say you are abiding in God in Christ all that you want and say that you are a Christian. But to truly be a Christian means to be truly made new, born again, truly of the house of God of Christ, truly following HIM and truly, genuinely bearing HIS-THE-FRUIT THE ETERNALLY!
The truth is, the fruit isn’t fruit unless it has the fruit inside. An orange peel doesn’t contain the nutrients needed to sustain, fulfill and satisfy, only the true fruit on the inside has that, and what comes out of the inside is the true fruit juice. You can try to cover yourself up with just the peel. You will have the color, shape, even texture of the orange, and yet you will still not be the orange because you don’t have the true pure fruit inside of you. Others will glance and see someone claiming to be the fruit, claiming to be from the orange tree. And for a season, the late winter, early spring when oranges are at their peak in blooming, these “fruits” will be seen as happy and peachy 😉 . But, when the pressure is applied, when another season comes- which WILL happen(Ecclesiastes 3:1-11) – they are squeezed. Whether these fruits are squeezed lightly or very hard, the juices will flow, their responses to the pressure will be known, seen and heard by all(Matthew 5:13-20), and “the fruits” claiming to be oranges will be seen and known as false, as imitators, pickles, and ones that do not bear any fruit at all, instead, sourness and bitterness which was being -attempted- to cover up by just the peel. Just the peel. The peel is pretty, y’all. Everyone loves seeing an orange peel among dead leaves, but the peel isn’t the primary part of the fruit. It is important, but isn’t the most important. The inside will show, regardless of how long you try to cover it up. Souls truly want to see the inside of the fruit. We want to eat the inside and taste the sweetness when we see the appealing 😉 look of the orang peel. But all there is with an orange peel and no orange on the inside is falsehood and disappointment- not just for you.
BUT GOD, BUT THE GOD THE ETERNALLY, oh I love HIM, and I love this- PRAISE GOD! Y’all, get ready.
John 3:7-8 “7. Do not be amazed that I said to you, ‘You must be born again.’ 8. The wind blows where it wishes and you hear the sound of it, but do not know where it comes from and where it s going; so is everyone who is born of the Spirit.”
When we are born again of God, we are made new in HIM and therefore we will eternally bear the eternal fruit that is in, through, of, by and with HIM!!
1. “I am the true vine, and My Father is the vinedresser. 2. Every branch in Me that does not bear fruit, He takes away; and every branch that bears fruit, He prunes it so that it may bear much fruit. 3. You are already clean because of the word which I have spoken to you.
When we are truly of God of Christ The Eternally- THE ETERNALLY!, we WILL bear HIS fruit. When we are saved, redeemed, restored, chosen, delivered and OF GOD OF CHRIST, HE HAS MADE ALL THINGS NEW- COMPLETELY FULFILLEDLY ETERNALLY NEW. HE TOOK WHAT WAS ROTTED AND MADE IT BEAUTIFUL. HE PRUNES US, meaning to “trim (a tree, shrub, or bush) by cutting away dead or overgrown branches or stems, especially to increase fruitfulness and growth.” We became a made-new branch OF HIM, connected to HIM, living, loving and thriving, serving, off of ONLY HIM THE GOD THE CHRIST, and therefore, bearing much fruit, and even more, and even more, oh, and even more, and even more, for HE IS THE TRUE VINE WHO produces ALL OF THE TRUE ETERNAL FRUIT. The fruit that overcomes, the fruit that lovingly, beautifully overwhelms, the fruit that endures, perseveres and will not be shaken no matter what season, no matter what winds, storms, and weather come upon it. We are eternally attached to THE ONE IN CONTROL!!
4. Abide in Me, and I in you. As the branch cannot bear fruit of itself unless it abides in the vine, so neither can you unless you abide in Me. 5. I am the vine, you are the branches; he who abides in Me and I in him, he bears much fruit, for apart from Me you can do nothing.
Abiding in God, in Christ is when we will be filled with the true eternal fruit. For apart from HIM, as HE tells us, we can do nothing. Abiding in Him means always, eternally, no exceptions. Are we going to be perfect? Absolutely not, that’s ALL HIM, but God. BUT THE GOD THE ETERNALLY is our help, refuge and strength. HE IS THE ETERNAL VINE. When we are abiding in HIM, living in with by and through HIM, we are constantly, eternally in every moment being filled with the eternal true pure fruit HIMSELF.
Abiding in GOD CHRIST is the same as living and walking by THE SPIRIT- because this is WHO HE IS!! In Galatians chapter 5, GOD reminds us of this as HE uses Paul to tell us the contrast of the deeds of the flesh and the fruits of THE SPIRIT!!
16. “But I say, walk by the Spirit, and you will not carry out the desire of the flesh. 17. For the flesh sets its desire against the Spirit, and the Spirit against the flesh; for these are in opposition to one another, so that you may not do the things that you please. 18. But if you are led by the Spirit, you are not under the Law. 19. Now the deeds of the flesh are evident, which are: immorality, impurity, sensuality, 20. idolatry, sorcery, enmities, strife, jealousy, outbursts of anger, disputes, dissensions, factions, 21. envying, drunkenness, carousing, and things like these, of which I forewarn you, just as I have forewarned you, that those who practice such things will not inherit the kingdom of God.”
See, if we are not living and walking by the Spirit, it is EVIDENT. The shell, the orange peel, the mask will do NO GOOD, because it isn’t the fruit, it isn’t the core or the most important part of the fruit. It is seen all the time, souls claiming to be the orange, putting on the peel and then treating others in a way impure, unkind and selfish. Souls putting on the outer mask, walking around like they have it all together and telling others that “they are fruit” and then acting in immorality and bitterness; so many souls trying to wear this “peel” and then when squeezed out they are filled and flowing bitterness, false fruit juice without an ounce of the true, pure fruit juice, the true LIFE WHO IS THE GOD!!
BUT THE GOD THE ETERNALLY. BUT THE GOD THE ETERNALLY. When we are of Him, abiding in HIM, look what He does.
“22. But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, 23. gentleness, self-control; against such things there is no law. 24. Now those who belong to Christ Jesus have crucified the flesh with its passions and desires.
25. If we live by the Spirit, let us also walk by the Spirit. 26. Let us not become boastful, challenging one another, envying one another.”
GOD IS SO CLEAR TO US- when we are TRULY ABIDING IN HIM- these fruits are produced BY AND FOR HIM AND HIS GLORY and they will show BY AND FOR HIM AND HIS GLORY ETERNALLY! ETERNALLY! These fruits are neverending, folks. Because GOD is these things and more, and HE IS THE ETERNALLY- THE ETERNALLY!! Oh that we do get to spend THE ETERNALLY with THE ETERNALLY HIMSELF GOD THE GOD!!!! PRAISE GOD, YALL, PRAISE HIM!! 🙂 🙂
With ONLY HIM we are no longer just an orange peel. We are no longer filled with bitter, sour pickle juice. Under pressure we overcome because HE HAS ALREADY OVERCOME- HE IS THE ETERNAL VICTORY! HE IS THE ETERNAL VICTORY! And when we are in the season of pressure and we are juiced oh so much, He abounds immeasurably and all the more (Ephesians 3:20-21, 4) and out comes the pure, true orange juice, flowing out no matter what. And when everyone else tastes the juice, they taste the sweet, pure, satisfying juice that they can’t get enough of and it’s only because IT’S HIM. IT’S GOD. HE IS the only true and pure satisfaction. HE IS the only true and pure sustainment. HE IS the only true and pure TRUTH and HE IS the only true and pure fulfillment(Psalm 16:11, Psalm 17:15, Isaiah 58:11, Philippians 4:11-23, Psalm 37:4, Matthew 6:25-34)!!!! 🙂 🙂
With HIM we will not be tasteless salt that is to be trampled. With HIM we will not be a hidden city or a lamp placed under a basket. With HIM we will not be sour fruit juice. With HIM we will be founded on THE TRUE ETERNAL PURE LIFEGIVING FOUNDATION HIMSELF AND WILL NOT BE SHAKEN THE ETERNALLY!! We will bear MUCH fruit because we are bearing HIS FRUIT. We will live in HIM eternally because we are ABIDINGIN HIM THE ETERNALLY! Every soul will see HIM living inside of us, THE TRUE PURE ETERNAL LIFE AND LOVE inside of us which is ONLY HIM THE ETERNALLY!!!! 🙂 🙂
Bringing it all in, this is the truth, y’all, because HE IS THE ETERNAL TRUTH…. THE ETERNALLY! HE is the true, pure eternal Cornerstone AND Vine. What does this Truth mean? This means that since we want to be filled with HIM-THE ETERNAL GOODNESS AND PURENESS and shine and show and pour out these things, we must be founded upon, aligned with HIM-GOD THE PURE TRUTH THE ETERNALLY AS WELL AS ABIDING IN AND THROUGH HIM AND ONLY HIM THE ETERNALLY! THE ETERNALLY!! 🙂 🙂 And others will see this, and we will glorify GOD through this. For we are and this is truly, purely, ultimately eternally BY AND FOR HIM AND HIS GLORY THE ETERNALLY! THE ETERNALLY!!!! 🙂 🙂
God, LORD, FATHER, I thank YOU that I am living only for YOU. Please, LORD JESUS, GOD, FATHER, MESSIAH SAVIOR CREATOR ETERNAL LOVE AND LIFE overflow me with YOUR goodness, YOUR PURITY and YOU, that they may see and hear only YOU inside of me, for I thank YOU that it is no longer I who live but YOU LORD living inside of me. I thank YOU that I am YOURS and made completely purely truly genuinely ETERNALLY NEW! IN JESUS NAME HALLELUJAH HALLELUJAH AMEN!! 🙂 🙂 🙂 🙂
19. “For through the Law I died to the Law, so that I might live to God. 20. I have been crucified with Christ; and it is no longer I who live, but Christ lives in me; and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave Himself up for me, 21. I do not nullify the grace of God, for if righteousness comes through the Law, then Christ died needlessly.”
Romans 8:26-39 Our Victory in Christ
“26. In the same way the Spirit also helps our weakness; for we do not know how to pray as we should, but the Spirit Himself intercedes for us with groanings too deep for words; 27. and He who searches the hearts knows what the mind of the Spirit is, because He intercedes for the saints according to the will of God.
28. And we know that God causes all things to work together for good to those who love God, to those who are called according to His purpose. 29. For those whom He foreknew, He also predestined to become conformed to the image of His Son, so that He would be the firstborn among many brethren; 30. and these whom He predestined, He also called; and these whom He called, He also justified; and these whom He justified, He also glorified.
31. What then shall we say to these things? If God is for us, who is against us? 32. He who did not spare His own Son, but delivered Him over for us all, how will He not also with Him freely give us all things? 33. Who will bring a charge against God’s elect? God is the one who justifies; 34. who is the one who condemns? Christ Jesus is He who died, yes, rather who was raised, who is at the right hand of God, who also intercedes for us. 35. Who will separate us from the love of Christ? Will tribulation, or distress, or persecution, or famine, or nakedness, or peril, or sword? 36. Just as it is written,
“FOR YOUR SAKE WE ARE BEING PUT TO DEATH ALL DAY LON;
WE WERE CONSIDERED AS SHEEP TO BE SLAUGHTERED.”
37. But in all these things we overwhelmingly conquer through Him who loved us. 38. For I am convinced that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor principalities, nor things present, nor things to come, nor powers, 39. nor height, nor depth, nor any other created thing, will be able to separate us from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord.”
“4. Rejoice in the LORD always; again I will say, rejoice! 5. Let your gentle spirit be known to all men. The Lord is near. 6. Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God. 7. And the peace of God , which surpasses all comprehension, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.
8.Finally, brethren, whatever is true, whatever is honorable, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is of good repute, if there is any excellence and if anything worthy of praise, dwell on these things. 9. The things you have learned and received and heard and seen in me, practice these things, and the GOD of peace will be with you.”
John 16:33 “These things I have spoken to you, so that in Me you may have peace. In the world you have tribulation, but take courage; I have overcome the world.”
Mark 13:13 “You will be hated by all because of My name, but the one who endures to the end, he will be saved.”